Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Like it's 1899...

First off, please join me in wishing our dear Denise a very happy birthday today!

Ok, now let me tell you about my morning. I woke up with plenty of time to shower only to find that we had no hot water. When I discovered this lovely fact, I carefully weighed my options and came up with these four.

1. I could leave early and shower at the gym in the College. This did not appeal to me at all because I really do not enjoy public showers and I didn't want to pack everything up and there are no separate change rooms...you get the picture.

2. I could have a cold shower. No.

3. I could use about a 1/2 cup of cornstarch in my hair and go to work without showering. Well, this wasn't really an option because I hadn't showered in 2 days... This could only lead to

4. Calling in "dirty". I could have stayed home in a cloud of my own filth just waiting for the hot water to magically reappear. Sadly, I was needed today.

After considering all of these not-so-great ideas, I ended up boiling a pot of water on the stove. I then added some cold water to that in the tub, and got about 2 inches of water in which to wash everything. It was kind of a juggling act, but I think I managed about a 95% in cleanliness.

Pretty good, huh?

No comments: