Monday, March 01, 2010

A truly great start to the week!!

Did I say earlier that there would be no cost to me for the repair of my car? I apparently forgot about the most hateful word in the english language : Deductible. Actually, I am getting off pretty cheaply as the deductible (yuck!!) is only going to be $250. Still, that is $250 that will never see my Visa bill. After I talked to my insurance lady (who was actually very nice!!), I had a dark few minutes where I cursed the unknown driver who is actually responsible for my predicament. Then I realized that he/she will probably have to foot the entire bill for their damages (hah!). I also came to the conclusion that as trials go, this one is pretty minor. Plus, I really do need some sort of distraction from the month of waiting I have until I get any acceptance (yes?!!) or rejection (no thank you?) letters from the Universities I applied to.
I talked to both universities, and they both said end of March, beginning of April is the earliest I will hear. Kill me!!

Anyway, I am going to leave you with an excerpt from an article in the National Post about the cost of the Olympics. Something to think about, anyway...

During the Games While 100,000 free condoms had been provided to the roughly 7,000 athletes and officials staying at the village -- about 14 condoms per person -- the Village ran out of prophylactics on Day 13, forcing an emergency restocking. Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2626214#ixzz0gwsKGxyH

No comments: