Wednesday, March 10, 2010

If I have a party for my car, will you come?

Song of the day:

I am going to find the song of the day by hitting shuffle on the ol' ipod. So, here we go... (I am now taking this moment to perform said task...)

So, the song of the day is "We might as well be Strangers" by Keane. Yes, thank-you Ipod, this is a fantastic song. It was featured on their first album, Hopes and Fears, which really deserves a listen if you have not hither-to-here fore...listened.

Here is a link to the song.

Story of the day:

After many 2 appraisals of my car, several phone calls to my insurance company, and some awfully weird and new sounds coming from my car, I found out yesterday that the damages were too great, and that my car is now a write-off. How sad is that? Also, how extremely ill-timed. I only needed the thing to last me until the middle of August, but that is apparently not to be. The insurance company will give me a pretty paltry cheque for the value of my car. However, it is more than I paid for it, so the joke is on them. Hah!

I do have a few options in the works for a car. Updates to come as soon as something more concrete is in the works. I will tell you what I will not be doing: I will not be renting a car from Enterprise for 5 months for $5000 dollars.

See you tomorrow for poetry day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the car...it's a sad tale of misery and woe. I'm sure Jess and Adam will be mourning, too!

Adam said...

Tells you what, I'll have a party for your blog when you start writing again!