Thursday, February 25, 2010

The result of cup-cakes for breakfast...

I have had a wonderful morning today and it is due to three very important factors:

1. It was light as I drove to work today!! I cam so excited for almost Spring, and I can't wait for the ever-approaching days when I can wake up with the sun. Right now that privilege is only reserved for Saturday and Sunday mornings when I sleep in to the unholy hours of 8:30 or 9:30 am. There is something so magical about laying in bed with the sun streaming in your window. Add a great book to the mix and you have one fantastic morning.

2. My breakfast was a peppermint and chocolate cupcake that Denise had got for me at Crazy Cakes. While this is not a very healthy breakfast, it is certainly a sweet one! Thanks to Denise for getting the cupcakes...

3. Weekly staff meeting at work. These are always enjoyable, but today we found out that one of my co-workers and his wife are expecting a baby!

Today being poetry day (another reason to celebrate this Thursday!). I am going to include a poem by Yeats. I had read it originally when I was in High School, and it has been a favorite ever since. I recently became reacquainted with it when I attended Jessica's Ariose concert a few weeks ago, and their choir sang a beautiful choral setting of the poem.

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the mourning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

-William Butler Yeats

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful poem...I really like the last stanza. How come Jenny gets a crazy cake??