Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thoughts about school and other stuff

I was thinking the other day that the Lethbridge College was a lot like high school. There are a lot of lockers, it's a small campus, and according to some of the instructors, a lot of the students are about as motivated as your typical high school student. I found something today that only cements my theory. Some one had written on one of the tables in the Centre Core, "School Sucks!". My first response to that is, "Why are you here, then"? I would like to think that College students are more mature than your usual vandalizer, and that they are making the choice to be at school. Say what you will about the students in our program, at least none of them are writing all over the school.

Well, on a more personal note, today is poetry day!! I wrote a poem yesterday, but I am not really satisfied with the first stanza. It doesn't seem to go with the rest of the poem. Hmm. I am going to put the working copy here, so you can see the creative process (or whatever), and then next week I will include the edited, revised, possible totally different version. No title yet...but then again, I am really bad at thinking of titles.

Enjoy!

I haven’t written for days-
My paper is cold and empty
(like your heart)

I tried exploring there
Tried to excavate
beneath the cool exterior

I wanted to feel the beating
bleeding chaos that you
hide so quietly

But my search was futile-
The messes you’ve left
Lie deeper than even your heart.

You have buried them in the earth-
Reached into the dirt and
Pushed them down

An offering for her heart.


No comments: