Monday, January 18, 2010

Stuck in the Middle...with you?

So, here is a story from the weekend:

I was convinced by some of the ladies in my ward to attend the 31+ Activity on Friday night. It was a Games night, and so I went with a positive attitude and my very cutest shirt. Unfortunately, the games turned out to be a 1965 version of Scrabble, a 1943 version of Tile Rummy, and a not so rousing game of volley-ball. Now, let me illustrate to you my feelings of the volley-ball: More horrifying than a trip to the dentist, but not as awful as basketball. I somehow ended up playing, and as per usual, embarrassed myself fully. The best part of the game, nay, the night, was the gentleman who was always right behind me on the court. Every time he served, he would almost hit me with the ball, then come up and apologize whilst touching me. (Coincidence? I think not.) I kept thinking that he looked familiar, but I couldn't place his face. It wasn't until later, when I heard his name, that I realized he used to be a good friend's step-dad. Not only that, but his marital hi-jinks make Charlie Sheen, Spencer Pratt and every other dead-beat husband look like a knight in shining armor. Yeah.

The other man I met told me that he and my mom were in Institute together (yeah, that's gonna win points) and asked me some pretty personal questions about her.

In case I have not said it before, I am saying it now. I am done with those activities. Like dinner, yesterday's news, whatever. I am not giving up, I am just taking a break. Focusing on other stuff. Going back to younger men.

Does anyone want to come over for a viewing of "17 Again"?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Zac Efron...I have an unhealthy attraction to you...and Daniel Radcliff...