Saturday, January 16, 2010

"No regrets, no looking back, no good-byes"

So here it is: my track list for the 2009 Year in Review cd. After much debate, personal struggle, hair tearing, and battles with computers / itunes, I finally have chosen the songs that reflect my life this year. Good news, chilins, there are hopeful songs as well as ones that just might make you want to kill your self.

I discovered a truism this time around: the music really does pick you. I had so many ideas of how I wanted the cd to look, but certain songs just held on and would not be ignored. Only now, as I am giving it a listen from beginning to end, am I hearing some lines that I never noticed before.

So, if you get a chance, take a listen to any and all of these songs. They are all-age appropriate, so listen without guilty conscience. Who knows, you just may find some truth yourself. At least you will discover some pretty wonderful music.

"The Later Years...
...time to put away childish things"

1. Don't Stop Believin' - Glee Cast
2. No Envy, No Fear - Joshua Radin
3. Everyday People - Sly and the Family Stone
4. Incandescent - Rob Szabo
5. The Underdog - Spoon
6. All we ever do is say Goodbye - Jon Mayer
7. Puttin' on the Ritz - Fred Astaire
8. The Sun will Rise - Brendan James
9. Sleepwalkin' - The Good Lovelies
10. A Place called Home - Kim Richey
11. This is the Last Time - Keane
12. Cathedrals - Jump, Little Children
13. The Great Collapse - The Zolas
14. Where we gonna go from here? - Mat Kearney
15. Eyes - Rogue Wave
16. Come Thou Fount - Sufjan Stevens

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you make copies of this CD, please, please, please can I have one? You are so cool.