Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pretty much going to ruin your Thursday

Hello party people...and those who are shut-ins (I respect every one's right to socialize or not...according to their will)

I have come to you today to tell some truly horrific news: The Criminal Justice students at the Lethbridge College are no longer required to dress up in professional wear on Mondays.

Wha-a-a-a-a-at?

This information will mean nothing to you if you are one of the following people:
1. Someone who has never attended or been employed by the Lethbridge College, LCC, or any other handle it has been given
2. A personage of the male persuasion (unless you are the type who does enjoy the sight of a clean-cut man-boy in a suit and tie)
3. A heartless and obviously blind female.

I am 32 years old, but I enjoyed the sight of a veritable sea of youngish men in suits as much as my 20 year old self did. It really brightens up a Monday. Honestly, sometimes it was the only thing getting me to work after the weekend.

So, now it is back to a "case of the Mondays" for me every week. Sigh.

Anyway, to cheer you all up, I have found a poem that I wrote about 2 years ago to the month. You will be happy to know that this one does not have a story from my life behind it...merely musings. When you read it, please allow me the privilege of misusing a comma and inventing a word. It is poetry, after all!!

September 2007

This is how my heart breaks:
one awkward regret at a time.

Oh, I had visions
of different scenes-
ribbons of eloquence
that would stretch out to
bring you back
when my beautiful words
(my perfect words)
had made you understand

But.
those shiny bands
(who can tell how strong?)
were severed by my ineloquence
and your silence.

JKO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet bit of poetry...my heartstrings twanged a little bit.