Friday, September 11, 2009

The fisherman's friend is more like a frenemy...

I have always liked to compartmentalize my life. (Maybe that is why I can't help liking Don Draper, even if he makes the worst decisions when it comes to women!!!) When I was younger, I didn't like to mix friends and family, so I would rarely invite friends to stay over at my house. I was protective of both parties, and didn't want misunderstandings or confusions. These days, I hate mixing friends from different parts of my life (work, church, etc) because it is often so awkward to bring people together who have nothing but me in common. What should we talk about? Me? Seems a bit egocentric.

Am I a different person with all of those people? If so, is that a bad or a good thing?

Not sure what prompted these musings, probably my swollen glands are pushing my brain into new and strange shapes which, in turn, is provoking some unusual thought activity.

Yes, I am sick - like unto the proverbial dog, and all that. I am 85% sure that I do not have the flu of the pig-people, just a seasonal cold; but I am washing my hands every 2 minutes just in case. (I am a good girl and do what the President tells me!) The result is that my hands are severely chapped (I could probably use some goose grease and a pair of kid gloves right about now) and I am wasting a lot of water and soap. On the upside, I am hopefully not passing on germs to my fellow staff or any of the students. If I had gotten sick just a week before this, I could have stayed home from work, but this week was chock full of beginning of the year commitments. I plan to have a very relaxing Saturday...purely medicinal, of course.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, our house is sick, too! Are you trying to steal our thunder? I was just thinking of how we didn't mix friends and family the other day when Mark and Steven said they played together at recess...I never even talked to you or Jessica at school at that age! I'm a bad person....

Jenny said...

I love that Mark and Steven play together...

Do you rememebr whe nwe first moved to Hill Spring and everyone hung out with their sisters and we were really unimpressed?