Monday, September 14, 2009

the best Monday in a long time

Hello to you all and a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed welcome from the land of the non-ill. It feels amazing to be able to breathe again...two nostrils, no waiting!! I am actually having a fantastic day thanks to a busy schedule today, a lazy Saturday, a late night pizza session, a "great talk" with a good friend or two, and a beautiful sunny day.

So, not only was Saturday a lazy day, but it was also the first Ashley Flickinger Poetry Exchange extravaganza (she didn't name it that) We met at her house for an evening of poetry reading and delicious drinks. There was a handful of people there and I only knew about 2 of them. I read 3 of my poems,which was an extremely nerve-wracking experience. I think they were well received...there were snaps aplenty, but I think there were also a few people who may have been asleep.

This week looks to go quickly as it is busy and ends with a bang...Stake Conference.

Keep dreaming, everyone!!

2 comments:

tlo said...

Love the look of your blog - it's beautiful. Glad you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

I don't know how you had the courage to read your poetry out loud! I wish I could have been there...