Sunday, June 14, 2009

"You can't dust-buster a baby!"

I would like to start a new segment here at the ole blog entitled, "Things not to do".

1. Things not to do alone:

-go to Costco - this is really a team event because there is so much to do and see. Also, who are you going to play "Let's see who knows the most people here" with if you're all by yourself?

-participate in "Target Hunger". I had to drive and look for the bags on people's doorsteps, and pick them up too. I almost got in an accident several times while trying to drive, spot the yellow bags, and all the while, try not to look like I was casing the neighborhood, or staring creepily at the men out mowing their lawns.

-watch the season finale of SNL, hosted by Will Ferrell. You can't endlessly quote back your new favorite lines to yourself. ("You can't dust-buster a baby!") You can't remember fondly the 45 times you have watched "The best of Will Ferrell", and cheer when he included some favorite characters - During the Jeopardy segment, I was wishing with all of my heart that Ashley and Denise were there with me to enjoy both Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds.

2. Things you shouldn't do in the summer:

-drive in the "Red Rat" while the air-conditioning is on the fritz
- play your music at full volume at 1:00 am with your windows open. Especially some weird "Fleetwood Mac" concert
-run out of ice

I just ran outside for a minute to enjoy a sudden summer shower, and to breathe in the smell of rain on the warm pavement.
I am pretty sure that is what heaven smells like.

More to come throughout the week...let's see if I can survive living alone, as Denise is on holidays.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Question:

How do you run out of ice? Don't we have at least two bags in our freezer, plus ice cube trays?

Jenny said...

I didn't yet, but I am burning through it at an alarming rate. I made smoothies with cranberry juice, ice and your lemon yogurt (thanks!!) Really delicious!