Monday, June 22, 2009

You can stand under my umbrella, Ella.

I had such a great moment on the weekend when I went with the youth for a baptismal trip to the Temple. As we were waiting to go in, I noticed an old man walking by us. Well, what I actually noticed was that he was really, really old. Like 180,000 years old. He was extremely stooped over and moving at a pace that would make a turtle impatient. As he passed me, he said that he liked my shoes. (I was, of course, wearing my bright yellow heels) I said that I did as well, and he remarked that they were actually gold. I said that I referred to them as my golden slippers. He loved that! The exchange absolutely made my day.

I really do get more comments about those shoes than any others I have. People must love the colour yellow.

Anyway, on to another week, my last one alone. It has already started out great with the most wonderful rain this morning. I have to say, I enjoy the rain so much more now that I have a car, and don't have to schlep around on the bus.

Have a wonderful Monday!!

No comments: