Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This post comes to you today from the desk of the sick and the lethargic

I was about to say that I hate being sick, but that would be implying that there are those who enjoy it, and I can’t imagine that there is anyone who likes feeling like garbage. “Yay! I have literally no energy, and my face is leaking.” No. These are words you will never hear from a sane individual. Of course, there are those hypochondriacs who, in the words of my father about his Aunt Edith, do enjoy their bad health. These people, however, probably also enjoy a good funeral and a really exciting car crash. I am suddenly reminded of a commercial on television for which Denise and I have an abject hatred. It is a face wash ad which begins with 2 girls saying “I hate pimples!”. It really bothers us for the following reasons:

1. The girls look like they have never seen a blemish in their lives
2. Doesn’t everyone hate pimples? I mean, the statement doesn’t even merit a worthwhile conversation due to its glaring obviousness.

Anyway, enough of my craziness for one day. Yes, I am sick with a cold and slight case of the flu, and I am very perturbed because I had held out for so long without getting ill. I have also been promised good stories from a certain friend, but I can’t go visit anyone right now without reigning down illness and possible irritability on them.

As for good news, however, I have just finished a poster for our Information Session that we are hosting next month, and I have emailed it out to many people.

I also had the opportunity to go to the new East Indian restaurant, Taj, yesterday. It was absolutely delicious. It was a lunch buffet, so there was homemade Nan (to die for!), rice, and these amazing fried potatoes. Then there were various sauces and meat dishes to have with them. The Butter Chicken was the stuff that dreams are made of… If you get the chance to go, head to the lunch buffet from 11-2. It will give you the chance to sample a variety of dishes. As for the room, the decorations were quite understated, but there was a plethora of hookahs about the place. My only complaint was that it was really small inside.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone, and here’s to hoping that you stay healthy…

6 comments:

Mary said...

I love the new template!! Can't wait to see you tonight!

Unknown said...

It's like the people using products for "dry" or "uneven"skin...they don't need it!!! I hate them all.

tlo said...

Love the new look! Advertisements are...they are... um, they're ...er, pretty well always stupid! Glad you got the poster done, sorry I was so blank. Get better.

tlo said...

Love the new look! Advertisements are...they are... um, they're ...er, pretty well always stupid! Glad you got the poster done, sorry I was so blank. Get better.

tlo said...

sorry! I'm not sure what happened there.

tlo said...

Love the new look! Advertisements are...they are... um, they're ...er, pretty well always stupid! Glad you got the poster done, sorry I was so blank. Get better.