Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beauty and...the actress...

Oh, my sweet Ryan Adams. In the words of the immortal Jesse Mcartney, you do indeed have a "beautiful soul", even if your hair is extremely unfortunate


Now I know I am a bit behind on this news, but I just read that Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore are engaged. I have to admit that this seems like a weird couple to me. Does not the picture speak volumes? He looks like the eccentric and talented musician that he is (I may be a bit biased..."I love you Ryan, you should have picked me"!!) and she looks like a regular-type mediocre musician/actress. Once again, I may be a bit biased in this summation of her professional skills as I have only seen her in teen movies. I did just watch "A Walk to Remember" this weekend as our DVD machine was not working, and I had to resort to our VHS collection. (Really, just a terrible movie - could Shane West be a worse actor?) So, that was the image of her I had in my mind when I heard of the forth-coming nuptials: A sickly overly-Christian teenage girl who is dying of leukemia.

Mandy Moore's character: "I told you not to fall in love with me!"
Shane West's character: a confused silence followed by an extremely awkward grimace

Just chalk up my disdain of her to jealousy that she has dated both Zac Braff and Ryan Adams, I guess.

This week is Reading Week, and I only have students in quite sporadically. I am pleased to be able to catch up on paper work, but especially to spend quite a bit of time planning our Information Session / Gala that we are having on March 26th. Yay! Planning events is what I love to do.

So, if you are feeling like you want to know a bit more about what I do, then come to "The Sunflower Room" between the hours of 4pm and 7pm on the specified day to hear about our incredible program. There will be refreshments, so it will be worth your while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that she is one of those people that would be really cool in real life (which would probably only increase the desire to hate her...)