Monday, January 12, 2009

I really miss Communications class...

The following "poem" is an assignment that I was helping one of the students to do. It is for a communications class, and I thought I better do it as well.

For funsies.


I am

I am a thinker, a reader, a writer, a talker
I wonder when I will feel like I am successful in my own life
I listen to great music, friends when they need me, my own thoughts
I see goodness wherever I am able, the humor in many situations, too many faults in myself
I want to be loved wildly, a closet full of shoes, to be more generous, to try more new things
I am generally a happy person

I pretend to be more confident than I really am
I feel blessed for all that I have
I read books that I love over and over again – they are like old friends
I worry that I may never be financially stable, about my family and friends
I value my parents’ opinions, my religious and personal beliefs and commitments, the importance of education, knowing your family and personal history
I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

I understand that there is a plethora of things I will never understand
I say things that make people laugh, things I wish I could take back
I dream about being a singer
I try to help others, new recipes, to be brave
I hope to feel good about myself, to be more patient
I am interdependent

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it. You always make me think! How dare you....

tlo said...

Jenny, this a great entry, but I need more!! Please??!!