Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cabbage rolls, anyone?

A happy Ukrainian Christmas to everyone and anyone who partakes in such festivities. I remember putting on a Ukrainian Christmas with my roommates for our friends my first year of University. It was a lot of work and a lot of money. Back then we weren’t really good at organizing things, so it was A LOT OF WORK. We did it at the West Institute Building (the only one in those days!), and we cooked for about 25 people. We did some traditional dishes and some regular-type ones as well. Looking back, we probably should have done a pot-luck…

Anyway, on to more current topics, there is a question that is plaguing me today. I am writing an ISA (Individual Service Agreement) for one of the students that I work with. How this document works is the students share some of the goals that they have for their college experience, and we put some objectives in place to help them achieve their goals. The student I am writing the ISA for has a goal of getting a boyfriend. So, my question is thus: How can I help her to do something I have been trying to do for the last 15 years, but failing miserably at? Hmm. It’s a puzzler, alright.

Things are finally getting a bit settled here at school: we almost have all text-books purchased, there has been only one near-tears experience (shockingly not me!), almost everybody has bus money to get to the College, we have had our free hot-dogs, and our first staff meeting of 2009 is tomorrow morning. I think it is going to be a great semester!

Until tomorrow, and poetry day!!

Cheers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that is a very honest goal...funny, but honest.