Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"What more could there be..."

"...than people in a room, singing unafraid the same tune" (P.K. "Carried Away")

If you are a follower of Denise's blog, then I am sorry for the similar post today. But. But.

Peter Katz. (thank heavens he will never read this and know of his crazy stalker. It's true. I even watched him get out of his van from my car last night!) The show was incredibly intimate, funny, emotional, breathtaking, heart-breaking, friendly, basically everything you could want in an evening. We sat right up close, and there were not a lot of people there. I guess this was pretty sad for Peter Katz, but fantastic for us. We sang along with all of our favorites, and delighted in the new songs. He mentioned a few times how much he was enjoying the small show, and we cheered him to the end. After his set, and after we got the chance to meet him (and hug him!!), he did another 40 minutes of requests from the audience. We talked to him again before we finally got out around midnight. It was late, but the time went so quickly, and I could have stayed there all night listening to him.

His music was filled with every emotion, and he radiated with a love for what he was doing. He is such a kind and compassionate man, and it came through in everything he said and sang. He let us know how grateful he was that we were there to support him, and I am surprised that he was not more taken aback by our great excitement to talk with him. Did I mention that he hugged me?

Back to the real world today, I think I had some kind of music hang-over all morning. I was also still under the PK musical spell, and couldn't really focus on anything. So...not a great day for the work. Tomorrow I am attending a training session that will enable me to teach Abuse Protocol. It is aptly named..."Train the Trainer". It goes from 9:30am-4:00pm, and there will be lunch provided. I don't know whether I will be able to contain my excitement or not. However, it will be nice to get a break from the school for a day. I really do like my job, but it is pretty stressful right now.

I think I will end my post with a little segment I will have running until Christmas Day. It is entitled "Things I don't want for Christmas":

1. A blanket that has a picture of my family on it...or really any picture.
I have to see said blanket every time I venture out to the Walmart (I know, the best solution would be to stop going there) and it creeps me out every time.

More to come next post!!

Listen to Peter Katz...you will not be sorry. Find him at www.peterkatz.com, or of course, on Youtube.

1 comment:

tlo said...

I put my comment in the wrong place, so I will repeat it somewhat word for word here. Oh, for heaven's sake! So what am I going to do with the blanket? I ask you! It's not as though anyone else in the family wants it. I thought you said you wanted one. They cost money, you know! And I'll add - You're going to have to keep it!