Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"A little bit softer now"

If anyone tells you that I am a prolific blog writer, it is a lie and you should not believe him or her. Push this person down and tell him/her to stop lying. I could say that there are good reasons that I have not written in a while, but that also would be a falsehood. We all know that lying is bad, and I really want to go to the picnic at Barry's farm, so I will tell the truth. Here are the reasons: I am lazy, I have not been to the computer lab with the students at work lately (which probably means I have actually been working), my life is extremely boring with the only drama being semi-real (really, more imagined); there were brunches to plan and wow people with, episodes of "Bones" to watch, First-Aid courses with kind of adorable instructors to take, Irewards contests to win, a nursery to get organized, a roommate to make time for, and let's not forget staff meetings, getting stood up, Haunted houses to go through, costumes to make, and flirting to do.

So, I apologize to people who read my humble entries, but I don't have any excuses at all.

I am taking advantage of the holiday today to update, and also to stay out in Magrath...in the fantastic bed!! Today is Remembrance Day, and as the College is closed, I am enjoying my first day off in a couple of weeks. This morning Denise and I prepared a brunch for our friend Amy's birthday, and if I do say so myself, it was quite a success. We had bagels and cream cheese, mini muffins, fresh fruit, and a frittata. It had been some time since we had hosted any kind of gathering, and I remembered my love of being a hostess. I am already thinking about doing a Christmas party, so if anyone has any ideas for one, let me know. I was just invited to a Christmas party on the facebook, but I declined due to it being named an "Adult-only" party. Now, I know it was only thusly named so that people won't bring their young children, but I just couldn't bring myself to attend. Plus it is being hosted by a married couple, and I get enough of that at church.

This last Sunday I was standing outside the Bishop's office, waiting to be set apart, and I was surrounded by a goodly number of ward members. The executive secretary, who is an older man, came up to me and asked/yelled "Do you have a husband here?" I replied "no, no" as quietly as I could while simultaneously trying to fade into the wall. Now I know that he was just seeing if I had some family to be there for my setting apart, he didn't really know who I was, and he could possibly be the new poster-child for low-grade voice immodulation, but I was not overly thrilled for the reminder.

Anyway, I am feeling a terrible desire to read some "Pride and Prejudice", and I think my laundry is about done.

Please, everyone enjoy the rest of your holiday.

2 comments:

Adam said...

In no way have you disappointed me.

Jenny said...

Thanks!