Monday, October 06, 2008

Silence is not always golden...

I had a mildly frightening experience at Walmart this weekend. (At Walmart? No!!) I went to try on a shirt at the fitting rooms, and as I walked up, there were two ladies there. One was sitting at the desk, and the other was hanging clothes. I said hello to the lady at the desk, and she just sat there silently for about 3 seconds, and then she ever-so-slowly raised her hand and pointed at the other girl. She didn't take her eyes off me, and she didn't say a word. Just pointed. I turned to the girl hanging clothes, but she had her back to me. The first lady continued to stare at me, and so it was (an extemely uncomfortable) 10 seconds before the girl realized Iwas there. She slowly turned around, and taking my clothes, opened up one of the doors, and pointed to the fitting room. She also did not say a word. I thanked her and hightailed it right in. It was seriously creepy...I can only hope that they were a mother and daughter who were both mute. I think it is a sign that I shouldn't be shopping at Walmart anymore.

This weekend was so relaxing, that I was almost excited to come back to work today. Almost...but not quite. General Conference was wonderful, and I came away with a desire to be better at a lot of things. I saw all of it except for the afternoon session on Saturday, when I fell asleep during the first talk. This was due to a turkey dinner between sessions, and the very comfortable chair I was sitting in. I spent Saturday with Denise and her family, as they were having their Thanksgiving this last weekend when her brother and sister-in-law could be there.

I hope you are all enjoying your Monday. I am trying my best to "be awesome", but I am not feeling overly well today. My stomach is kind of jittery, and I am feeling light headed. Almost like I have had too much caffeine. I haven't had any energy drinks...I promise.

Keep on dreaming!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I hope you are not over dosing on those pills again. Maybe it would be best if we got rid of them for a while.