Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"I don't understand the question mark, and I will not type it."

Yesterday I took my life into my hands (well, at least my hair and eyebrows). I was participating with one of my students in her Therapeutic Rec class, and we were making "plaster-type" masks, using our own faces to do it. (I know Leita is remembering the good times right now!) I had originally planned on only doing my student's face-mask, as I wasn't really feeling the idea of letting someone else cover me in Gypsoma. So, I got C. down on the floor, slathered a ridiculous amount of Vaseline on her face, wetted the strips of Gypsoma, and went to town. We finished quite early, and somehow I was convinced by both C. and the instructor, Donna, to get one done too. So, I laid back, and prepared for the worst. Thankfully, Donna helped my student to "mask me up", and I emerged with all facial hair intact. I now have a mask to decorate next week!! Yay!

Sunday night, I had a great visit with friends, and after talking to them, I decided to be as positive as I could be. So, I woke up Monday morning, leaped right on to my knees, and said a prayer that I would be able to be positive, and spread positivity like a virus. So, although every little thing went wrong at Chapters, I somehow maintained a smile, and I kept all my Chapters peeps happy too. Seriously, though. One of the till printers broke, one wouldn't print receipts, a shelf broke, the fax machine wouldn't work, we were way under-staffed so I just ran around all night, I couldn't find books, and one of the new computers wouldn't type a question mark (?). But, we were somehow able to laugh about it all, albeit somewhat nervously. Anyway...the point of this little rant is that prayer is a powerful force in our lives. I felt sustained all day, just because I asked for it.

Try it.

This Friday I am going up to Edmonton to get my new car!! I paid for it last week, and I will be insuring it and registering it in the next couple of days. The only negative part of this happy scenario is that I have to go up either on the bus or with Erika on Friday night, and then drive back Saturday morning to be at Chapters for 4:30 to work. Fortunately, I do enjoy the highway driving, and I am thinking about buying an audio book. (It really is about time that I read "The Secret") So, when you see me next week, I will be driving a new red car. If I do have to take the Greyhound up, please say a prayer for my safety. It's pretty hard to drive your new car if you don't have a head.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone!

2 comments:

LeitaAnn said...

Yes, I am remembering! I still have mine, it was seriously fun. I used plastic wrap loosely put over my face instead of the vaseline.

I've seen the movie "the secret", quite entertaining.

Unknown said...

2 notes: snake man, and guy sharpening the long knife...
I envy your greyhound stories.