Monday, August 04, 2008

300 teenages...what could be better?

Everyone is better at computers than me.

I was just "chatting" with a friend on the facebook chat, and for every 3 sentences/questions he would write, I would do one. Mine would also be caps- lock cRAZy, and I couldn't even think of anything funny to write. Being a Luddite, I have only "chatted" about 3 times in my life, and that is mostly because I am a terrible typer. While I am a very fast speaker (really, I'm not kidding!), my fingers are truly retarded. I will just have to start making sure I am always off line, so I will not embarrass myself technologically...

So, I really should be going to bed because I do work early tomorrow, but I felt the need to tell about the Midnight Masquerade. It went absolutely, ridiculously well. We had about 350 people there, and most of those people dressed up. The dresses and the masks were amazing. There were prom dresses, Vintage dresses, medieval costumes, Gothic dresses, and a couple of pretty slutty party dresses.(I saw more cleavage than I ever wanted to....) Because of our sign-up table, it got pretty backed up coming in to the store, and so there was a really long line to get in. I asked the people in line if it felt like they were line for a club...

Our different stations went very well Our mask=making was the most popular by far, with a huge line-up all night. Our Discussion groups were moderately successful. The dance was a lot of fun, and I was so pleases that we were able to hold it outside. With our lights on the railing, it looked so cool! I danced a few songs with a really enthusiastic group of girls, and by the time we ended the dance, there were quite a few participants. I don't think any of the other stores had a dance outside, and so just another reason why we are so much better in Lethbridge. Our purchase line -up, though long, went relatively quickly. I got the great job of passing out the books so the people could buy them, and it was so fun to see how excited they were.

The best part of the evening was...my hair!! I got an up do at Chatters! I felt like such a princess, which was so fun. Unfortunately, I only got pictures of the back of my head, and a couple of side shots at the party that were so horrendous, I demanded they be deleted immediately. Of course, they were not, so they are out there. In the cosmos. Double chin and all. There are no good candid shots of me anywhere. ever.

So, it is over, and I am both relieved and disappointed. It feels like Christmas, in that you prepare and prepare, anticipate and wait for, and then it is over in a day. It is also pretty sad that it is the last big event I will do for Chapters. That is definitely one part of the job I will be sad to relinquish.

Goodnight, one and all. I hope you are all smarter than me and getting more than 5 hours of sleep!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I laid in bed last night and heard tiny bursts of sound coming from what sounded like the kitchen. I couldn’t put my finger on what it was. Sometimes loud and fast, other times soft and slow, it sounded like you were making popcorn.

When I couldn’t smell any popcorn wafting through our house, I wondered what you were up to, but too lazy to find out, I stayed in my bed, trying to remember to ask you in the morning.

If only I knew you were creating a late night blog, I would have gotten up and demanded a good, old fashioned dramatic blog reading!

LeitaAnn said...

Pictures!! I've been checking the facebook site as Amy said that is where they'll be up.
I'm glad it was a success and are you sure you couldn't at least be like some weekend event coordinator or stand in or something? I mean you do great stuff everyone can see that.