Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Tell me, Lady Hourglass, what went wrong?"

Went tonight to a concert at The Slice with Ashley, her sister and Cody. The band was called "Said the Whale" and they were pretty great. They were definitely quirky and quite raw sounding, but they had some delightful moments.

1. They busted out the uke for a couple of songs, and I remembered how much I love that little instrument. The guy who played it played the heck out of it.

2. Beautiful folk inspired song called Curse of the Currents that tugged at my heart-strings with its emotion.

3. The two lead singers were adorable, and they had some killer harmonies.

4. The glockenspiel. Come on!!

I forgot to add "going to concerts" to my list yesterday. I love it, and it makes me so happy to hear live music. There is something so intimate about seeing people do what they love. I am always so glad to share in that.

Sleep well, everybody!




No comments: