Friday, November 09, 2007

"They say it like they mean it"

I am a car accident virgin no more...Tonight, in Satan's very city (That's Calgary for all of you non-Edmontonians) we were rear-ended whilst riding with the ever cautious Ben Richards!! Actually, Ben's driving had no bearing on this freakish event. We were at a standstill in the traffic, and I was turned in my seat talking to Ginger when we were hit from behind. Ginger is pretty sure we are going to have whiplash, and my neck is already stiffening up. Here's to hoping that we are not ridiculously sore by Sunday....as is being predicted. Kill me.

Other than that, and the s-l-o-w-l-y moving traffic on the highway which may or may not have driven Ben to absolute distraction, we arrived in Edmonton relatively unscathed. We even (shock and disbelief) had a pretty fun time riding up together.

So, I think the real question of the night is why am I staying up so late? Those of you who know me know that I tend to fade after about 10:30pm. Actually, I am checking out the awesome radio show belonging to one Eric and Garth. So far, gentlemen, I am duly impressed, extremely entertained, enjoying the music, and wishing I could see the matching tees. Hello, welcome to the world of Denise and Jenny and matching "tops"! On the note of radio shows, I am soon to be a guest on another CKXU show, which I have found out is called "Gay in L.A." I am going to be giving a bookseller's perspective on the whole Dumbledore issue. Are customers talking? Not that I've heard. Are sales going down? Absolutely not. Apparently people just don't care. O.k., J.K., stop trying to make the hype last forever. It's just sad, now.

Anyway, I am sure that all of you are tired of hearing from me so many times today, so I think I'll go back to some facebook creeping. I just might be looking at your pictures, imagining myself in them and the fantastic conversations we're having...

Sleep well. I'll be on the air mattress...and loving it.

No comments: