Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"I'm not here to be your hero, I'm not here to keep you from the flames..."

"...Like your emergency exit"

It's Telethon time!!

This means musical numbers, Texas Brownies, time spent with Mom and Dad (and sometimes Cam), funny reunions with random High School people, getting to be a t.v. star (although, now that I've been on Global...wait for it...twice, maybe I 'm too good for Cardston local channel), and did I mention Texas Brownies. For all of you novices out there, the texas brownie is the most exquisite of all the brownies, and is a staple of the Cardston Telethon participants refreshments, made by my mom. Any of you who are wanting to come and hang out for this event are ABSOLUTELY invited.

On this note, I have been given an "Absolutely" quota. It is my new favorite word (ask any global news viewers), and I use it a tad excessively. I love this word because it is so strong and reassuring. When you ask someone a question, and the answer is "Absolutely!", don't you just feel comforted and warm inside? Don't you know that everything is going to be o.k.? Absolutely! Oops! I better stop before I reach my quota...

So, yesterday was not the best of days at work. People were just downright mean and cranky, and in the case of one guy, a bit frightening and possibly dangerous. The day was also not awesome because in the analogy used in "The Holiday", I was not the Leading Lady of my own life, but definitely "Best Friend" material. Again, I got so worried about making sure that everyone else was getting the thing they wanted, that I sabotaged my own possibilities. Not that there was any possibility anyway-it is me after all. And that is not to say that I only think of others and not myself. I am as selfish as any YSA member in Lethbridge has a right to be. But, maybe people can take care of themselves, and maybe if they don't go after the thing they want, then the missed opportunity is their own fault, and not mine, just because I may know both sides of a situation. I am not responsible for anyone else's happiness but my own. Okay, sorry for the cryptic story here - I just needed to get it out and hopefully move ahead.

At least there is a new day ahead! A night shift with the Jenny and Penny show, and of course, a rehash with the ever-understanding Emily M. Yesterday we got started on getting MyBooks somewhat under control - at least there are not 50,000 boxes everywhere. With the trifecta of awesome in there tonight, it should just about come together!!

Great day, everyone. It can only get better from here. Remember what a wise young man once told me: Confession is good for the soul!

No comments: