Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Am I my biggest fan?

O.k., I have a question on this fine, brisk and beautiful November day. The question is: Am I pretentious?

I know that I occasionally make fun of people, sometimes think my musical taste is a bit superior to others', throw around big words when I can (and sometimes without realizing it - much to my embarrassment when people laugh at me), and once in a while have some adult conversations with like-minded people.

However, I don't think that I beat people over the head with my average intelligence and occasional flash of humour. Sure, I enjoy writing, (and my friends say I'm moderately talented) but I would never go around telling people I'm awesome at it. Or even, that I'm awesome in general. I hope that I conduct myself with some amount of modesty.

Dear (and most generous) readers, please let me know what you think about me and my opinion of myself.

Things have been really good lately (besides my daily panic attacks about the LSAT) and here are some of the highlights: Amazing trip to Edmonton, fun chats on Facebook with people I don't usually talk to, more background on the confession of a crush story, events coordinating at work, birthday celebrations with friends and one heck of a good waiter (so attentive), signing up at the Y to take some great fitness classes, and almost Telethon time!! Texas Brownies!!

Tomorrow I make my radio debut, as I pre-recorded my session for "Gay in L.A." today. It actually went very well, and our conversation was quite natural. Thanks to Andrew for making me feel comfortable and for giving me the opportunity to be a star!! I'm sure there will be just scads of people listening. But, you gotta start somewhere, right?

Good Night and Good Luck.

No comments: