Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Is this because we were listening to Christmas music?

So, I wake up today and it is snowing. SNOWING.

This might be the most shocking snow I have ever encountered...and that includes the time it snowed in August. I guess I haven't officially cooled off since our lovely July, and so to wake up to a you-know-its-cold-'cause-its -really-snowin'-out there was a little shocking to the system. At least I have my ultra-cute weather-appropriate footwear to don today. What? You're jealous of my New York boots? You really should be. Plus...me, appropriately shod for once...pay attention, 'cause it happens about once a decade.

So yesterday I posed a question to a few friends, and now I'll offer it to the cosmos (and my future self) If you are a senator, shouldn't you have a cell-phone? Or, maybe the more important question is: If you are a senator, does that automatically guarantee that your pay phone call is "real"? Senator Joyce, were you really talking to someone on the pay phone, or were you, like so many homeless at Safeway before you, just trying to make it look like you actually knew someone. I would gladly relegate some of my tax dollars to your personal cell-phone fund so that you don't have to use the same phone as the people who live "across the street"

Yesterday, I also had a funny experience at work with one of the newbies. Jordan, who I swear is not a day over 14, is training on cash with the ever-so-suitably stern Travis Jay. Jordan overheard a conversation that Travis and I were having about the merits of tenors and other opera stars. This child (maybe he's older...I don't know!!) said to me "Most people wouldn't admit they liked Opera!" Hmm. Maybe he was afraid the cool kid at work was going to beat me up for liking something so lame! Seriously, you know you're in Lethbridge when liking Opera is a brave thing. Culture, anyone? Oh, man...I think I am now channeling Travis...

Anyway, I really need to venture into my favorite part of the house and retrieve my laundry. Hopefully there will be naughty things going on down there.

One can only hope.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am really going to stop reading your blog at work. It is just too dangerous.

I woke up to the snow and thought the same thing. It is all because we listened to that blasted Christmas music! A pox on you, Christmas music!

Sometimes people make real calls on payphones. Remember before we all had cell phones?

I think the last time I had to use a payphone was when I was about 14 and my friends and I would have to go to the 7-11 across the street from the movie theatre to have our parents pick us up after the movie.

How much does a phone call on a payphone even cost?