Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Will binocular vision make my transition to my 30s harder?

I have been a very bad blogger. I have been seduced by the pictoral and ready-made communication of "The Facebook", and like a person who refuses to do long-hand division now that they have learned the short method, blogging has seem to become tiresome and tedious.

No. This attitude ends today. (By the way, I actually enjoy doing long division. That could be because I never really learned short.)

I am 30 years old today. Wow. I can say that somwhat calmly right now. For the last month I have been dreading this day. I was very anxious about leaving behind my twenties forever. I can look back at the last 30ish days and see how I have acted out due to this anxiety.

1. Flirting with the young (and delightful) men. (Well, these guys are all over 20. I was not as fascinated with the High School Jeb look-alike as some were...)

2. Staying up way too late when I work early in the mornings. Seriously, I feel as if I have a hangover today after my 3.5 hours of sleep last night. Dang you Boggle, and curses on thee, Buffy!!!

3. Being cranky with the roommates. Ladies (and Braden, the honorary roommate) I am so sorry for all of the emo-ness. I really do put it down to feeling completely out of control and unable to stop myself from moving, changing, aging, finding more and more grey hair... Thanks for putting up with my craziness. Methinks a brighter future I do spy.

4. More cooking than usual. It does help me feel a sense of control.

5. Being a Boggle tyrant. Wait, I have always been one...and I always will. Yeah. Too bad.

So, for some reason, I am feeling o.k. with being in my early thirties today. Could be the awesome birthday celebration last night. Could be the tons of Facebook birthday greetings I got. Could be that there is no time like the present to get motivated and become an amazing me. Could be I have family and friends who love me, and still love me no matter how old I am.

30, I embrace you. I face you, a little apprehensively, but I am excited to see what you bring me.

1 comment:

Just Rhonda said...

HEY! Happy belated birthday! Hope it was a good day.