Monday, May 28, 2007

Bi-polar post the first:

A great big thank-you and an "I can not wait!!!" to Jess and Adam for purchasing the tickets to the concert that I may or may have been waiting my whole life for. Rufus Wainwright and Sarah Slean. I have seen both of these artists seperately, and I could never decide which one was my favorite of all the concerts I have ever seen. Now I do not have to decide. Ever. At the Winspear! I don't think it could be any better.

I have been trying to think what I could write about, and I have a few topics.

Topic the first: Cell phones in Institute. Seriously people, why can you not turn them off? Here is 90 minutes that you can be completely focused on developing your spiritual well-being, sit with your friends, and/or just completely relax. Wht must we be connected all the time? There was a girl who was texting the ENTIRE lesson right in front of me. Why are you even there if you are just talking to somone else?

Topic the second...sort of: cell phones on general. This is for people, o.k., mostly the men-folk, who come to our house, and then just text or talk to other people on the phone. Why are you at our house if you would rather be with someone else? We feel a little bit like sloppy seconds, or even your "fall-back girls" and that absolutely does not work for me. O.k., I know that I am not completely immune to the texting disease, but at least if I am at church, or some other religous activity, I do not communicate telephonically with others. I think the real problem is that there is no set etiquette for cell-phone use and behavior. However, if you are spending time with someone, you have a golden opportunity to communicate...right there. Wow. It absolutely boggles the mind, I know. Personally, I would rather watch J.R. play video games all night then watch you text someone else.

Topic the third: Potlucks. These are AWESOME. Yesterday, we had a potluck, and fantastic people who brought fantastic food came and spent the day at the Pink House. Why do I love a potluck so much? Well, I get to make Potato Salad, we get to find out about Denise's mad cooking skills, and time spent with, really, the best people in the ward, is always time well spent.

Topic the fourth: Walking. I love to walk, and going on sweet nature walks with friends just might be my favorite thing to do. We have done some great walks lately which included singing, stick-finding, rock-skipping, laughing, almost hand-holding (Ha-ha-ha-ha), and other such hijinks to brighten up a summer night.

Anyway, I am looking at the clock (Isn't it great?!) and I need to go to work pretty soon. Hope you all have a fantastic day - please be thinking of my in my three hour long staff meeting while the rest of you are enjoying your evening, and your showing and telling!

Goodbyeeeeee!

No comments: