Wednesday, February 21, 2007

588 is the cagiest number

Inventory is a job I should never, never do.

Cut to me last night at 11:30 pm counting boxes of greeting cards and having a minor nervous breakdown. There actually were tears of frustration and rage in my eyes. What we actually were doing last night was double counting what the real inventory people had just counted, and I could not make the numbers they got match the numbers I got. I am fully aware that this is due to my inability to count and use a calculator. Numbers are just not logical to me. Anyway, there was one box at the end that had 588 cards in it. The first time I counted it I got 580. So, I rubbed my temples with slightly shaking hands and started to recount. When I only had a few cards left, my calculator (or me, I have no delusions about my math retardation) suddenly said 3318. That was the moment my laughter took on a hystrical tinge, the tears were dangerously close, and every swear word I have ever heard was on the tip of my tongue. Thankfully, that was also the time that Finula (an absolute saint of a woman), the woman who was the head inventory honcho, came to my rescue and showed me an easier way to count which took about a quarter of the time. (I think she saw that I was mere moments from hurling every single greeting card outside and starting the best bonfire ever!)
Anyway, we were out of the store by midnight, and we headed to Denny's for a fried food fiesta. Can I just say, the mini cheeseburgers were to die for!

On a happier work note, I am taking my resume to the Exhibition grounds where the 2 event coordinators are both attempting to look for other jobs. It would be nice to have an adult job and be able to pay some student loans. It would also be nice to have my own office and be somewhat challenged on a daily basis.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: