Monday, January 29, 2007

Let's sing some more songs about going blind...

Let's talk about how I didn't win the "name the plant" competition.

Last week at work, a plant was brought in that apparently had been bought at our store and that wouldn't grow. However, it started to sprout as soon as the customer left the store. (My theory: this person had some sort of hostile/iliterate/annoying home environment, and the plant recognized this only too well) We were asked to submit possible names for the sprouting plant. I came up with two that I was sure would take the prize. "Buster" and "Delilah". However, the name "Phoenix" won. Hmm. I had no idea the name had to be symbolic, and I have decided that in rebellion (and true to nature) I will secretly call the plant "Joaquin" (my Phoenix of choice!)

This weekend was an absolute plethora of "firsts", because I also did Karaoke for the first time on Saturday night. I LOVED IT! I really had a lot of fun, and am looking forward to going again. A shout out to Ben for the controversial rendition of"Longview"! My eyes will never be the same again. Also, thanks to Cody and Braden for indulging me with "Free Fallin'" (Who doesn't love Tom Petty?)

Tonight is "speed dating" for FHE, and I think I will tart myself up, so I can (in the delightful words of Joseph Opper, who if nothing else, at least keeps Relief Society interesting) "sell myself" to some lucky guy from VP or LR. Jess, aren't you sad you're not still single?

No comments: