Saturday, January 27, 2007

Everything was "spicy, yet tasteful"

Big news.

I am no longer a Laser Tag Virgin. Last night I gave in to Sarah's persuasion and played the game for the first time. And...it wasn't too bad. I especially liked the part where we are all herded into a small room that was lit with a black light (which could have afforded hours of entertainment in itself), and a girl rattled off instructions at us that I didn't really hear. All I heard was "no physical contact". (This was sad as I was hoping to make out with the guy in the wizard costume). We were then taken to another room where we put on our vests, threw our microchip thingys into the "vortex"(which I think was just a bucket), and then we were off into the dark. I pretty much just ran around and got shot by other people. Towards the end I found a place to hide so I could shoot people from there, but I was really, really bad. Thankfully, I did not come in last place, but 31st out of 34 players. And some poor sap got -29 points. I squeaked through with a whopping 153!! Congratulations to Ben, Braden, and Sarah who all got more points and finished better than me.

Calgary was a lot of fun and I got my Ipod!!!! We did quite a bit of shopping, and got some great stuff. Sarah and I got a little crazy on the way home (probably the effects of the delightful "Kristian Regale") and I think Ben and Braden were a little scandalized by the belching stories. I think that we really need to start keeping a bit of the mystery. Or, maybe we are the ones turning into guys as opposed to the guys becoming girls. Perish the thought.

No comments: