Monday, January 01, 2007

Just about time for my hourly call to Danny...

Boo! 2007 is starting with me being sick as a dog. I wondered briefly this morning at 3:00am as I was shivering madly under a thousand blankets if I have the Norwalk(?) virus, but Mary assures me that I do not. She says I would be logging a lot more bathroom time. Argh, I really am such a whiner when I'm sick. Dear Denise, maybe you need to come and diagnose me!!

Last night we went to Danny's house for a New Year's party, where, as per usual, there were about 1 gazillion girls and maybe 7 guys. I was so impressed with the food and drink until I found out that girls had come to their house, cleaned and prepared all the food. Who are these girls? Don't you have enough trouble cleaning your own houses? Do you have self respect? I know I am probably being bitter that no guys ask me to come and clean their house... No wait, I'm glad. Although, maybe that is the way to get a date - become an indentured servant. Hooray. Just another one of the reasons I can stomach being single.

Actually the party was pretty fun, except for my least favorite game of all time, "If you love me, smile." It brings out all of my insecurities, and I'll be the first to admit that I was the definite party-pooper in that game. The night did turn into a dance party, which was great because although I am embarassed to do a lot of things, dancing is not one of them. I am perfectly willing to make a complete ass of myself on the dance floor, or really anywhere there is music playing (re: scary hair flip during my attempts to make some guy smile...) At almost 12 we headed over to the other house to watch the countdown on the big screens where I was hugged twice by Danny (Oh, joy of my life).

2007: I am pretty excited for a new year. I am (somewhat) motivated to look for a real job, ready to start a regime of eating and exercise (oh the thought of clothes shopping as a positive experience!!) I am also looking forward to our Relief Society challenge of reading the Book of Mormon, I echo Denise's sentiments that this is what the Lord needs us to do right now.

I have actually expended all of my energy, so I need to go lie down and possibly die. If you don't hear from me, I will be laying on the couch, watching "Rushmore".

Yay. Oh, funny story. Yesterday, Danny gave me his new cell phone number even though I have never called him in my life.

No comments: