Saturday, December 30, 2006

The humble thoughts of a very short girl at the close of the year

Advice: If you don't know how to spell, you probably shouldn't write things in public places.

We are approaching the end of 2006, which has been a great year. ("It was a very good year...") Thinking about what I have done and/or achieved has been keeping me busy this last couple of days. Shall we review?

High Points/Achievements/What have you

1. New York - I still dream about that city. What a truly amazing experience to go to a place where you can see, eat, do and buy almost everything. I was so spoiled to go with the greatest people as well. And who knew that Ben talks in his sleep?

2. Arrested Development - The show that (in the words of Andrew) changed, nay, started my life. Not only did I love it the first time, but I am getting to watch it for the first time again with friends, and that is almost better.

3. Becoming social again - Just one year ago I was content to sit at home, watch t.v. and download music. Thanks to Denise, Ginger, Ashley and Sarah, I go to dances, help plan parties, and even talk to boys again (which is still a mystery to my roommates) I have had ridiculous amounts of fun, and have made some great new friends. Hooray!

4. The Thaine and Terry Olsen 30th Wedding Anniversary Tribute Concert - This was so much fun to plan and put on. It was great to do something so classy for Mom and Dad, and, let's be honest, when you have so much talent in the family, you have to show it off sometimes. Thank-you again to all my siblings for helping with the night.

5. Learning to play the guitar and writing my first official song - I have such talented, smart, and funny friends, and the music this year has been phenomenal. (people who are unsure of their spelling should probably not write blogs, either) Actually learning to play my guitar has been hard, and I am definitely more bad than good, but it has been a goal for awhile, and I am proud of myself for starting it.

6. Applying to school twice - sadly, not getting accepted to either program, but attempting to try something new, finding out you can survive heart break twice in one year, knowing you need to be doing something more with your life are all things that give you hope for yet another new year.

I apologize to the 2-3 people that may be reading this for the Hallmark Movie style writing and reminiscing, but in the words of Kat lovin' Kristy, "Sorry ladies, it's unavoidable!"

Hope all of you take the opportunity to look back and assess, and if you get the chance, let me know what some of your highlights were. (Or low points, I am equally open to both!)

Chao Bella!!!!

Jenny-Bean

No comments: