Monday, January 22, 2007

he was a boi, she was a girl...

The answer to the question of the day/year, "Can you beat Ken?", is a resounding "Yes", "Oui", "Si" (or what you will)!! Of course, there are a few provisos and other tricks you must employ.

1. Forget to give Ken turns once in a while. Never mind that he is just a cardboard cut-out, he is a Jeopardy champion who deserves to make his way around the board. Although, this did work in my favor, as he never got his bonus three hundred thousand. Ha! put the H in your face Ken!

2. Forget to move Ken when the rest of the players move. I can almost hear the tiny cardboard screams as the rest of us move 3 spaces and Ken has to sit where he is. Oops!

3. Know more about Avril Lavigne than Ken. Although, I don't know much about this particular Canadian embarassment/icon, I do know the words to my least favorite song, Sk8ter Boi. (Why, Why?) Come on Ken, could it be any more...clear?

4. Vandalize the "Ken" doll with funny hair and beards, and then mock him incessantly until his cardboard confidence goes right out the window.

This blog is what happens when I have 4 hours of sleep,work, be at the mall for far too long, and then come home and get on the computer. Complete nonsense Hooray! (If only I had squiggly letters format)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express the sadness I feel over making you wait at the lame-o mall for so long. (Just be glad we didn’t decide to meet at the Lethbridge Centre Mall) Thanks for entertaining me for so long, and sorry I keep you up so long. I promise one day we will get to bed early…although, I don’t know how long until that happens. PS—I am still surprised you won, not because you are not smarter than Ken Jennings, but because of Braden’s made up rules half way through. “Oh yah, when someone lands on a green spot, that means I go right to the end.”