Friday, December 01, 2006

pearls and curls

Thoughts about dances:
1. I am too old
2. Why can we not play music with a beat that can actually be danced to? Why so much swing? And, for the love of Mike, why line dances?
3. Why do we always end up in a circle, and why when you venture out to break it up a bit do people automatically assume you're out there to be on display, and therefore give you some cat-calls? I just want to dance!!
4. I'm sad when Denise doesn't come.
5. I spend literally hours on my curly hair, buy a new shirt, and only the girls say "You look great tonight"
6. This is the most emo post EVER. (Boo, my life is so sad and I'm so misunderstood!)

I am happy to report that the Cardston Telethon was as exciting as it ever was. Or, in other words, I was there, I sang, it was an event. I love how people at work were so excited tht I was singing at it. They were considering me a minor local celebrity, and wondering if Mark Campbell was there to mark the occasion. I am absolutely toying with the idea of writing a novel/novella/cowboy poem about a woman who plans a community event, and has to deal with the self-proclaimed "local talent". It's fun when people think that they are the star of any show tha they are in.

Ciao for now, this blog has moved from emo to just plain excruciatingly boring. I'll write again when I can be amusing and awake!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am sorry I wasn't there. Fate,for some reason didn't want me to attend. C'est La Vie!