Saturday, December 09, 2006

The cure for winter wonderlust...

is not a chick-flic. Especially one with Jude Law and a completely adorable Jack Black. Hmmf. It is also not secret watchings with Flick selected romantic episodes of Dawson's Creek. It is also not sitting around all week, glued to my cell phone, waiting for a promised phone call. And, surprise, surprise, it is definitely not reminiscing about stories of first kisses . Assaults on the dance floor, (New Years, grade nine graduation, Sweetheart's dance or what have you), not withstanding.

I am hoping the cure will be one of three things:
1. Dying my hair tonight ("I said a change...will do you good")
2. Thinking about our favorite mood-killer (B.E.)
3. Starring (ever so reluctantly) in the Stake Carol Festival where I will be surrounded by people who are mostly over the age of 50.

Hmm, it is also not listening to the soundtrack for High School Musical, which happens to be playing in the house right now. It is merely conjuring up images of the unavoidably adorable Zach... something. (I really think it would be 100% sadder if I actually knew his full name)

So, I will stop waiting for a phone call that, let's be honest, is never going to come, I will dye my hair, and I will do my best to stay away from the girly movies. And I will definitely cut myself off from the ever-persuasive Pacey Whitter ("Ah! I'm naked...What happened?")

The next time you see me I will be relatively cured. Or minus eyeballs.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my barfing hobo! Jenny, you know it is nearly impossible to cure ourselves. I don't know what the cure will be.

Did you not love that movie? The cutest ever Jude Law and ever so sweet/funny Jack Black. They know how to rope us girls in. I do feel bad, though, that the boys had to sit through it. Maybe, they should have gone to James Bond.

And Dawson's Creek. Well, it is like reliving high school again, however this time around we actually understand what they are saying. And oh my...Pacey Whiter! It was definately too much.

We will be okay. And if not, Spring Fever will be here before long. Or else, we always have New Years Eve(as if.)

Love you more everyday.

Jenny said...

thanks denise, I am glad to know that Spring can be just as enjoyable...if it doesn't kill us first.