Monday, November 13, 2006

I don't think I'm smart enough to watch "Lost"

So, today I was put in charge of Secret Santas for the staff party. Why do I have the feeling this will not be as fun as I may anticipate it to be? Maybe I'll channel "The Office", and turn the whole thing into "Yankee Swap". Oh, how much I love that show!! I watched 3 new episodes last night, and it was almost too much to handle. I read that NBC is cutting down on their scripted shows because everyone is watching "Deal or No Deal", and other similar reality programs. I tried watching DOND, but I was insanely bored for the whole 15 minutes that I saw. Question: Are North Americans getting stupider from watching reality t.v., or is there more and more reality t.v. because North Americans are getting more stupid? I hate reality t.v. O.k., I have been known to watch Canadian Idol a time or two, but on the whole, if I want to see people acting like children, I'll go to work and deal with customers. I watch t.v. for the writing, and the characters, and the fantastic acting.

My top t.v. shows of all time: Seinfeld, Scrubs, Gilmore Girls,everything Joss Whedon, The X-Files, Malcolm in the Middle (early years), Arrested Development, The Office.

These shows changed my life! Made me cry, laugh, writhe in horror, scream with fear, and more inportantly, think.

I am still considering going to Preference, and will hopefully make a decision by tonight. Let's be honest, I really don't want to go. Maybe a solution (or handsome new guy in the ward) will present it(him)self tonight at FHE.

No comments: