Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"you've seen how I sparkle when fall nips the air"

I am so excited for the weather!!!

Fall is my favorite season for the following reasons:

-the smell of the change in season...I swear I can actually smell a difference and it is wonderful!
-the clothes which include sweaters! cardigans! jeans! jackets! layers!
-the turning of the leaves...at the College there are actually quite a few trees, and so my drives to and from are so colourful and beautiful
-riding in my car is not the slice of purgatory that it was all summer (black interior+no air-conditioning= an armchair in the waiting-room of Hell)
-the beginning of school which always fills me with a sense of renewal and promise

I know that I am probably going to be nay-sayed on every side, but I love the cooler weather. I am a true Canadian girl, and the heat just makes me cranky and sweaty. In the fall and winter you can always throw on a sweater or jacket (and look amazing!!). In the summer, however, I can only take so many things off without embarrassing myself and/or others.

Thoughts? Arguments? Collective sighs of relief for the reprieve from the desert-like heat?

Comments are always appreciated!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Testify!
I love any season that allows me to wear cute jackets and hoodies every day.

Jessica said...

p.s. You DO sparkle when fall nips the air...

Laura said...

I'm with you, bring on the layers!

tlo said...

I'm with you on this one! I love fall and spring - cooler weather, cute hoodies! Energy!!!

Adam said...

You are so right about the smell of fall. I can just taste it in the air and suddenly I'm a little boy waiting for Halloween. Also, it's the perfect time for jackets and scarves. At this time of year they're enough. Not in winter when you have to look like Nanuk.

Megan said...

I agree wholeheartedly! It's been really warm out here and the humidity is killing. I'm always sticky and gross. I can't wait for the cooler weather of sweater season!

Unknown said...

I only disagree because I only own ugly coats. It is my mutant power.