Monday, July 06, 2009

A bright and blustery good morrow to you all (I actually don't know what that means...) I am blogging in celebration that I have finished the "Term End Reflections" for the two students I work with. I h-a-a-a-a-a-t-e paperwork, and when I get it finished, I like to spend at least 30 minutes doing something completely frivolous. I can't count the email I sent to my Dad about the program for the reunion (accompanied by many frantic texts to various family members: "Will you be performing?") because that is only work of another variety...though not technically College related. Good thing my boos is away for the afternoon.

Anyway, that was a ridiculously long intro, so I will get to the crux. Young Women's Camp is this Thursday. I am alternately hot and cold about it, but I am semi-excited to purchase a day-pack, hat, and wine gums, assemble a tinfoil dinner, borrow a sleeping bag from Jean, get some ear plugs for the girls who will be sharing my tent, and try to come up with some awesome ideas for the firesides I am organizing.

It is so interesting to be doing these things in the role of a leader. There is a lot more work, and you have answers for things, but it is nice to have people look up to you. Just another step on my journey to adulthood, I guess.

No comments: