Monday, May 25, 2009

Are they good or are they bad?

I woke up this morning in 2008. May 2008, to be precise. No, I am not a time traveller, Superman, or even a character in a yet-to-be written romantic comedy about a girl who ages backwards 1 year every Monday. ( ooh, I think there is a screenplay idea...)

I emerged from sleep at 6:30 like someone clawing their way out of quicksand: head pounding, eyes gritty, throat like the Gobi and stomach definitely nauseated. When I stumbled into the bathroom, I discovered the reason for my hang-over like state was the lingering smell of marijuana smoke pumping through the vent.

I thought we had left the pot smoke behind at our last house, in 2008, but apparently someone thought that Sunday night / Monday morning would be an excellent time to roll up a fatty of non-fellowship and bad fun.

So. Thank-you to our neighbors for assisting me in being late for work, leaving the house without eating breakfast, forgetting my phone, and for the 10 minutes I spent on the couch watching Dawson's Creek.

I should be fully awake by noon. 2:00 at the latest.

No comments: