Friday, October 17, 2008

This blog will remain titleless...

Well, today I am all alone here at the College, as the rest of my staff are presenting at a conference in Medicine Hat. I was supposed to go, but my presence, and more specifically, my key holding/mastering abilities are required at the Chapters this evening. Oh, to be dispensable again…

So, I am in the computer lab this morning with one of the students and I am trying my best to think of something to write today. There is a guy just down the way who is coughing up a lung, and all I want to do is yell at him to “have some compassion for my nerves!” I am sure if I did that, he would echo Kitty’s sentiment that he doesn’t cough for his own amusement. It seems as though everyone is getting sick these days. At least half of our students have caught the cold that is going around, and I count it as a miracle that I have not yet succumbed. It has been a pretty quiet week, as one of my students was sick almost every day, and the other one couldn’t get here because her “husband’s” van wouldn’t start. (I put the word husband in quotation marks because she is living with him, but they are not married. And he’s creepy.)

I am pretty excited because I am watching my new movie tonight – “Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Movie”! I used to watch it quite frequently about 10 years ago, and I just ordered it from Chapters. For those of who you who do not know of it, it is a guy and two robots watching an old really terrible sci-fi movie called “This Island Earth”, and giving a running commentary the whole time. Is it as nerdy as you can get? Heck Yes! Will I enjoy it as much I used to? Absolutely.

Have a great weekend, everybody! Here is a shout-out to all the ladies in the Victoria Park Ward who are attending the Relief Society Retreat this weekend. Eat many, many wine gums just for me. And, maybe tell a few questionable stories.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Every time I go see this latest blog I think it should read: "This blog will remain titleist." Tee hee.

Jenny said...

That is exactly what I thought when I was writing it...