Tuesday, September 16, 2008

too much for one day?

I know it is not Poetry day, but I am at the college, and needed a place to paste this poem. It is by one of my favorite poets.

I Am Not Yours

I am not yours, not lost in you, Not lost, although I long to be Lost as a candle lit at noon, Lost as a snowflake in the sea.
You love me, and I find you still A spirit beautiful and bright, Yet I am I, who long to be Lost as a light is lost in light.
Oh plunge me deep in love -- put out My senses, leave me deaf and blind, Swept by the tempest of your love, A taper in a rushing wind.

-Sara Teasdale

1 comment:

LeitaAnn said...

Interesting poem. I'd love to hear your take on it. Everyone gets a different message from one poem. Reading it once it makes me think of someone wanting to be loved by another but it just isn't happening.

Oh as for my brother, I sure hope his shirt won't be off! That would be scary!