Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Likes and not-really-likes

I was thinking last night about what I like and what I do not enjoy about the College.

Things I like:
Mondays…Criminal Justice Mondays. I know they are young, but it is enjoyable to see all of the guys in the program dressed up. Really brightens up a gloomy Monday
The Cafeteria. The sandwiches are fantastic, and the garlic toast is made by the angels, I think. The breakfasts are also something to sing about.
The Cave. For all of you who don’t know the Lethbridge College very well, The Cave is the LC Student Association general hangout. There are extremely comfortable couches, a big screen t.v., a concession, ping-pong tables (where I have embarrassed myself to the extreme), and various tables. On Wednesdays, the SA have had different food for sale (tomorrow is pizza), or when we are really lucky, Free Hot-dogs!!! Bring back free hot-dogs!!
The size of the College. As part of my job, I am generally running from place to place to meet up with a student or colleague, and the fact that the college is not overly big is a real plus. It is big enough, however, to make me feel like I am getting a pretty good work-out.
The Child and Youth Care class I am attending with a student. The lab is so much fun, that I feel bad that I am essentially being paid to attend. So far, we have made food in one of the labs (I got to take a ton home!), and modge-podge frames the other. Awesome!! Next week we are playing volley-ball…Oh, it is a hard life I do lead!

Things I do not enjoy
Obnoxious students loudly telling their friends (and everyone around them) about their various sexcapades. Boo. I do not want to hear about this. Especially when the guy telling the stories is so hideously ugly, that it is not overly believable that he has a girlfriend. Really, I don’t know who would have touched him with a ten-foot pole (“Not with two ten-foot poles”!).
The new motto of the College, “Proud to be new’d”. Who are we trying to attract with this theme? It is pretty unclassy, and it seems to me that many people here are looking for ways to class up the place. I just realized that my key chain has the motto on it. Yeah.
Standing in lines to register. As I had to register my students one class at a time, (The instructors would never get back to me!!) I had to stand in the lines at the Registrar about 10 times, with about a 20-30 minute wait most of those times. Seriously. We are in the 21st Century. Online Registration, anyone? The rumour is that it will be happening soon…


So, things here are pretty good. I can’t complain, much.

Have a wonderful day, one and all!!

1 comment:

LeitaAnn said...

I miss the CAVE!!! I loved hanging out in there too. Never played ping pong, always some nerdy boys were there. yeah, those guys who think they are getting some all the time, as if, I'm sure they are lying.

Oh are you being taught by Donna??? I did those frames, I still have mine!