Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday!!! Friday!!

The exciting news for today is that I now have business cards. If I was a real office pro, and had I the equipment to facilitate my desires, I would scan one and post it here. However, none of my office dreams are coming true today. Except for the name cards. And the new printer I still need to hook up (IT?) And the chance to use my beautiful and stylish “Cherry Blossoms sticky notes” which I purchased at Chapters with the anticipation of leaving myself many tiny notes.

So, yes, my business cards are wonderful, and they also validate my existence a bit. Seriously! If only there was another Raymond parade so I could hand them out to former classmates as if to say “Hah! I may not be married, but I am at least now moderately successful. See? Here is the fit-in-your-wallet-sized proof. Facilitator? I know, that does sound fancy, doesn’t it?” As mentioned in a previous post, the cards say “Jenny Olsen, B.A”. Now I don’t even have to mention that to people, they can just read it. Oh, it is so nice to know that my almost worthless Arts degree is now putting itself to work by making me look professional.

I am right now looking at a picture that says “Attitude: What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him.” Yes, there is an inspirational poster on my wall. It isn’t mine, but I am considering getting one for myself. Maybe several to festoon the walls in a veritable feel-good gallery. I am sorry for any of you who enjoy the motivational pictures…I may just be too much of a cynic. Actually, I am thinking about bringing a picture of Jesus, and a sign that says “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it” (That is for you, E.A.G.) Or, even better, a copy of the poem “Footprints”. And a machine that simulates the sound of the ocean.

I am ridiculously glad that it is the weekend, and I am spending tomorrow getting my hair cut and coloured, buying home organization goodies and then finally putting my bedroom in order, doing some laundry, getting some snacks for Nursery (we are running out) and then spending the evening with Ginger watching a movie. It is going to be awesome!

Have a good weekend, everyone. Here’s hoping you get the chance to do something just for you.

Eat well. Read a book. Get some sleep.

Go to church.

1 comment:

LeitaAnn said...

Can I get one of those cards?