Thursday, April 24, 2008

A post for Thursday

Something that I have mentioned before, but not for awhile is the fact that I love poetry. Now I know this makes me a bit of a nerd, but definitely a romantic nerd, wouldn't you say? I love it for its ability to make me crazy and moody and happy and in love with words.
This being poetry month, I have decided to make one day a week, we'll say Thursday, poetry day here on the good old Jenny-blog. I will include my own creations, and definitely verses that I adore by others.
So, here is one that I wrote recently, posted here, but removed the next morning. I think that enough time has passed to make it ok for me to see it in print. In the cosmos. Visible to all of you.

Enjoy. Or not. I am not the boss of you...yet...

The Knife

We talk constantly
(words flying nowhere and everywhere)
about change
but our familiar errors
and comfortable mistakes
always bring us back here

O.k.
I like my circles.
Maybe these slow persistent wounds
make me feel more alive
than I could have imagined-
even breathed-
before you handed me the knife

Everything about you is sharp-
The way your mind
slices through my heart
and your indifference
cuts me to the floor
Even your kindness proves
a mettle unforeseen

So while I approach that word
Change
with hesitant steps
You are sitting
in the warm and polished corner
of my mind.
the light from your eyes
dancing on the blade

JKO, 2008

No comments: