Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Not really that exciting

Everyone at my work is dying.

No, this is not some sort of threat from a disgruntled employee (although...), but a statement of fact from this week at Chapters. Our General Manager is out for the week, on Monday our two main cashiers were both ill, I am still not 100% recovered from my plethora of diseases, and there are a host of others who are also still recovering or feeling symptoms coming on. Who knew that books could be so diseased/hazardous? Needless to say, if you don't have to come in to Chapters...don't. Customers just annoy me anyway.

This is the second late working day of my week, which is kind of weird. I am covering a shift for our dear Travis, who seems to have taken the notion of being sick, and like some 12 year old boy, tried to see how much he could top it. ("Oh, you think you're sick? I am way sicker than you"!!) It was good to see him on his feet yesterday, and we all hope he will be back at work soon. I would be loath to admit it to his face, but cash is kind of falling apart without him. The upside of all this is that I get another sleep-in day, and another working evening with people I don't generally get to see at the store.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy the sunshine!!

No comments: