Sunday, January 06, 2008

"All my little plans and schemes..."

"...lost like some forgotten dreams"

So, I took one of my first steps of the new year...going to Second Ward for the inaugural visit. It was o.k. I will admit here that I did not sleep well last night anticipating going to a new ward by myself, but I made it through o.k. I sat with Sis. Salmon, who is our Stake RS President. I was only sorry to be alone in Sunday School, when, as per usual in Family Ward Sunday school classes, the teacher provided ample hi-jinks to warrant at least 3 elbows in (tear!) a non-existent rib cage. (Jess, if you felt a phantom elbow in your side sometime this morning, it was me!!) The teacher's enthusiasm/craziness was only "amplified" by the microphone he would make anyone who had a comment speak into. He would ask a general question, of which he required a specific answer, and then would put the microphone in someone's face, and then wait for them to answer at least 3 times before they discovered what his answer was. Oh, the times we will be having in Gospel Doctrine. Just remind me never to get too close to that mic...

Relief Society was, of course, absolutely wonderful, and I look forward to getting to know the ladies there. Having met up with Linda Davies, I am now going to be doing a musical number in Sacrament meeting next Sunday. Nothing like exhibiting myself ('cause we all know...) at the forefront. As Denise would say, might as well do it while "the fit is upon us".

This weekend, I had the most wonderful relaxing time, and when we went shopping, only spent about 3 dollars. Shocking!! Not even when we went to Reitmans, and Mary was pressuring me to buy a purse did I give in to temptation. Wow. I really feel like I have grown as a person.

Well, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and a truly "worship in style" Sunday. Here's hoping we run into each other soon!!

No comments: