Friday, December 14, 2007

"Don't lie to the missionaries"

So I am officially trying to do something with my life.

This week I applied for two jobs, and got an on-the-spot interview at one of them. I applied for a legal assistant job, and the interview for that one went very well!! I know that there are a lot of more qualified people out there, but I did a pretty great job of impressing the lady who quizzed me. I thought I gave intelligent and thought-provoking answers, and I think she liked me.

The second job is the one closest to my heart, and it is an Event Planning job at the College. Yay!! I wrote a killer cover-letter, and I hope to hear if I get an interview sometime early next week. Cross your fingers, say a prayer, whatever!!! I would love this job!! Even if I don't get either job, however, it is good to be doing something. It is great to have a place to channel my energies, and come on! Who doesn't love the endless possibility of rejection? We all know I am an absolute sucker for it.

On that note, and really anything pertaining to the year 2007, I am narrowing down (once again) my picks for the year in review cd. There is an awesome amount of people participating, and I want to make this album the. best. ever. Some might be saying that it is not a competition, and believe you me, I was right there with you until yesterday. However, one Eric Garner, brother of Denise, raised the stakes by saying that his was going to be the best. Anyone who knows me knows that if you even mention competition, every nerve starts to tingle, the fists come out, and you have yourself a throw-down, courtesy of JKO. Uh-huh.

Just saying. Be prepared.

Anyway, it is officially the weekend and...no, wait. I have to work tomorrow. So, Denise, you can say I got the day off today, but you better lock your door in the morning, 'cause there will be a punching of throats tomorrow for anyone who is still in bed when I leave. At least I will get to be on cash where it won't be too busy...no, wait...

Ah, downstairs right now, there is my favorite show going on, as performed, as always by Jarrett and his girlfriend. On her part there is the screaming, crying, and begging, and he is maniacally laughing. Really, it is just the classiest people that live down there. If Denise was here, she may yell at them that Jesus doesn't like it when you beat your girl-friend, but as I have to go change my laundry in about 15 minutes, I don't want to make any waves. Hopefully I'll get a taste of my second-favorite show that goes on when I venture down there...

Ciao (or chow), all you beautiful people!!

No comments: