Saturday, October 27, 2007

"If you don't know, honey, honey then you don't."

It is amazing what a difference an early walk, a quiet morning alone , and a good two hours research on the internets can do to lift a girl's spirit. Last night I was in an emotinal funk, because I could only see avenues closing in my life. This morning, several things happened that have brought a little peace into my heart.

1. During my walk I had the realization that maybe something is not worth holding on to if it is sporadic at best, and not moving my life forward. Now, there are a few things in my life right now that fit into this category, and I will not name them all. I know what they are, and I know what I need to do. So.

2. I found out everything I need to know for registering for the LSAT this week, and so I will be doing that on Monday. The test is on December 1st, and I can take it in Calgary. Awesome. November will be studying month, and I am looking forward to finding a favorite corner of the Lethbridge Public Library. Here's to actually studying for something and doing the best that I can.

3. I found 5 law schools to apply to, and any one of them would be fantastic. They are (from west to east) University of Victoria, University of British Columbia, University of Saskatchewan, Mcgill University, and University of New Brunswick. The deadline for these schools is February 1st, next year.

4. I got everything organized for tonight (Halloween Carnival), and things are still in the works for the Local Author Event and so I have things to keep me busy for at least a few weeks.

5. I talked to Jessica about visiting them in a few weeks. It will be so nice to get out of town and have a bit of a holiday. "Can we take a ride? Get out of this place while we still have time?")

Anyway, sorry this post is neither entertaining or ragin', but sometimes you have to put it down to analyze, reflect and plan. Thanks for indulging me.

No comments: