Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ranting while wearing a dress she made herself

Harry Potter!!! Harry Potter!!!

Tonight is the opening night for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", and we are going to be there. I am ridiculously excited for the movie tonight!!! I am interested to see how a book so large will translate into a movie, and I think the fight scene at the end in the Ministry of Magic will be amazing!!

Things are pretty low key right now besides the Harry Potter preparations and book release celebrations. Drama free, and loving every minute of that. Except for...

We are planning a Relief Society retreat for August at Spring Glen Park. When I mentioned in Ward Council that we would be doing this, I was belittled on all sides by the men in the room. "You are going to sleep in tents?" You guys are going to build fires"? I know I was the only girl in the room, and they were probably teasing (to a degree), but seriously, guys - do you not think we can handle this? I am just going to say this. "Who plans activities for you all the time? Who feeds you on a regular basis? Who makes the phone calls? Who sets up the parties? I don't mean to belittle the men...I just get the feeling that if we stopped planning stuff, we would never do anything. (Or maybe that is just because I am so unpopular that if I didn't invite people over, I might never have a social life). Nevertheless, we are pretty capable women here!! I think I need to read "The Fascinating Girl" a bit more, learn how to sew, accept the fact that girls are not good at camping, and instead go to picnics and "get myself into one predicament after another". The only flaw I see in that is while I am sure it is cute when an 18 year old is playing scared of the mean nasty cow and falling into ditches, it might come off as desperate and pathetic when the 30 year old is trying to get you to hold her because she is "frightened" by the lightning. Well. I digress. Ummm, I also apologize to the men I know who do plan things. I appreciate the efforts, and I am really not a scary man-hater... really...

Anyway, next time you hear from me I will have enjoyed every minute of the HP. And I hope the movie is over two hours, because that really wouldn't be too much Harry for me...

No comments: